lunes, 30 de octubre de 2017

Entry N°7 - Back to the Past

Since I watched ‘Back to the Future’ film I’ve dreamt with traveling through both space and time and reach new or old ages which meant for all human kind. One of those periods, is the decade of the eighties. Since I was a child, like 10 years old, I felt that I was born in the wrong era, I disliked the music of my time which was reggaeton and some boring pop songs, I disliked the clothing and the way of life of many of my congeners.

My dream was to travel to the past. Live the decade of the 80s while I’m like 18 or 19 years old at that time. The age is important because I need it in order to do the funny stuff, like going to concerts, do drugs and alcohol and be able to survive on those times. Don’t get me wrong, 21st century is an age where most people have privileges, life is quite comfy and it’s safer all-around so I’ll be trading, exchanging ways of life and I must be aware of that.

Anyway, I’ll stay in the 80s a long time; maybe I’ll stay there to live my whole life. I’d like to be a rock or punk musician and have my own band, doing tours, creating music and writing the music history while I’m living in an old house or flat in London or New York or California. I'd like to help Van Halen to write their new album at that time, that experience would be an eighties dream come true.




If you’ve seen that movie ‘Almost Famous’ where a young journalist is sent to cover a band for Rolling Stones magazine, the way of life I imagine living in that time is exactly like that. I could even be a journalist too in that decade, but I’d prefer to be a musician.

3 comentarios:

  1. I understand you!! I feel the same thing!!

    ResponderEliminar
  2. You would be a rock star if you could travel to the eighties! It was a great time for music and culture.

    ResponderEliminar
  3. The eighties were an amazing period, I would go back to that time just to enjoy a good concert.
    And by the way, I haven't seen that movie, but i'm definitely gonna do it now!

    ResponderEliminar

Entry N°10 - English Language Challenges

To be honest, I enjoyed learning some english using or writing my own blog. It’s an easy way to practice your written and read english. It ...