lunes, 6 de noviembre de 2017

Entry N°8 - Summer plans!


Sweet, sweet summer. I can imagine in my head those sunny evenings drinking beer at the pool with a bunch of friends, those warm nights walking through the city. Yup, summer is great; weather makes me happy, even if we are having like 40°C of temperature.

Unfortunately this time I have to accomplish my practice period, at least from january until march. I have to work. It's quite sad, but in other way, I pretend to learn as much as possible in this first journalism work approach. I hope to get a job in radio broadcasting or be part of an advertising agency. I think both jobs will give me some nice experience in terms of learning teamwork and how the business moves in and out. 



Nevertheless, and as I’m planning to work in Santiago, I have some possibilities to make a short trip here nearby. Maybe go camping to Cerro La Campana, some kilometers towards north of Santiago seems to be a fine plan to escape, at least for 2 o 3 days, of the city and job stress. I’m a big fan of camping, I have my own kitchenette, my pots, my tent, everything. I think go camping make people go back to the origin. Like gather wood for the fireplace, learn the value of fresh water or distribute the food are activities which we don’t do everyday sitting in our comfortable sofas and beds.  Go camping is like an alternative way of life.



Anyway, not everything in life must be work and journalism and make money, isn’t?  Even if you have to work this summer, it is imperative that you must run out the city in some point.

Have fun and learn things this summer!

2 comentarios:

  1. i like your point of view about camping and going back to our origins. cool bro

    ResponderEliminar
  2. I hope that you learn a lot of things in your practice period and that you can visit beautiful places around of Santiago!! :)

    ResponderEliminar

Entry N°10 - English Language Challenges

To be honest, I enjoyed learning some english using or writing my own blog. It’s an easy way to practice your written and read english. It ...